Thursday, October 30, 2008

Spouptacular

Souptacular08


I am participating in BooMama's Souptacular Crockpotalooza. This recipe is a staple in our house during the cold Fall and Winter months. I am sure there are lots of these floating around but thought I would share ours.

Taco Soup

Mix the following ingredients in a large crock pot or a big soup pot.
2 lbs browned ground chuck
2 pkg taco seasoning
2 pkg Hidden Valley Ranch dressing (dry pkgs)
1 can shoepeg corn (white corn)
1 can black beans
1 can kidney beans
2 cups water
1- 2 cans rotel (mild, hot whatever your preference)
1 can diced tomatoes

The longer it cooks the better it tastes. Top with sour cream and grated cheese.

Crunchies for the top

Get a package of burrito or soft taco wrappers. Take kitchen scissors and cut them into long strips. Then place on a baking sheet and bake in a 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes or until lightly brown. These are great on top of the soup with the cheese and sour cream.

9 comments:

Mindy said...

This taco soups sounds great!!!! I will try adding the hidden valley ranch some time, too.
I am a mom of three girls and a boy, too. Only my boy is youngest.

blessings!
Mindy

A. said...

Oh, that sounds really good, and easy!

AJ said...

I'm going to copy that one down! Sounds yummy and I think my girls might actually eat it;)

AJ said...

I'm going to copy that one down! Sounds yummy and I think my girls might actually eat it;)

green3 said...

This one sounds great.

While back my cousin and I had a conversation abotu Rotel. See, we don't really use Rotel for anything up here in the midwest so I had to ask her what it was. Apparently in Oklahoma and other Southern places, it's as common as noodles in recipes.

stacey said...

i can't wait!

ChristiS said...

This sounds different from the one my sister fixes! Can't wait to try it out! Thanks for sharing!

Ann(ie) said...

That sounds SOOOOO good. Printing to make my hubby make. ;)

Jillian, Inc said...

This sounds soooooo good. Will definitely print and make it sometime soon.