Thursday, October 05, 2006

BOOOOO...Do you BOO at your house?



We have done this for about 6 years now. It started when we lived in Alabama and we are doing it in Missouri now. I had never heard of it when it happened to us.

At bedtime the doorbell rang and of course all the kids ran downstairs to see who it was. When we opened the door we had a Halloween bucket with all kinds of treats and prizes. The kids were so excited. The note said that we had been Booed. It went on to explain that it was a Halloween tradition and now we had to Boo three more homes. They gave us a note that said we had been Booed and we were to put it in our window so everyone would know. It is something fun to do. If any of you want a copy of our Boo letter, let me know and I will email it to you.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by! We have four children too, and crockpot recipes are a time saver!

I would love to have a copy of your BOO letter! It sounds like fun.da

Anonymous said...

Sent you an email!

Also, I have to tell you how weird this is...We have four children, three girls and a boy. (Oldest DD born august '95, Second DD born April '97, third DD born March '03 and our son was born February 2000. How funny is it that our children are all the same age!)

Reformed Grits said...

How cute is that?? My sister has people in her neighborhood who do that. :-D Enjoy!

Domestic Goddess said...

WE have done that in our neighborhood too. It was more like 'you have been hit by the Halloween spirit' but the same idea.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Heidi @ Trendy Dollar said...

I have never heard of this. Can you send me the letter? httrey@yahoo.com

THANKS!!! Love your site, I'm a first time visitor.

green3

Chilihead2 said...

We love to BOO too! We've been doing it for about five years or so now. I have an entire packing box dedicated to BOO-ing items! Crazy, I know.

Turtlemama said...

we had that happen last year, it was cute and fun! I doubt we'll have it happen this year, everyone has moved out and all new people are here just about...

yerdoingitwrong said...

What fun!! I'm gonna do it this year!