Friday, November 30, 2007

Aloha Friday & Christmas Cards

It's that time of year again...Taking the annual Christmas Card Photo. I usually take them the end of the summer at my parents place at the beach. This year was no different. I have always loved picking out the photo and designing the card and usually take a lot of time stressing over the best layout etc. This year with our last minute trip to Alabama I was behind on my Picture Process.

So Monday night I picked the photos, ordered them from Walmart.com and they were delivered to my local store on Wed. I could not believe how fast it was.

So my question for this Friday for anyone who reads this blog is....

How many Christmas cards do you send



and when do you mail them?

I had 150 printed and I am planning on mailing them tomorrow so people will start getting them early next week. I don't mail all 150, I like to have extra for just in case. You never know when you need an extra Christmas card. Have a great Friday. If you want to post your own question then go here.

15 comments:

Memarie Lane said...

I used to send out 50, but I decided to stop sending them to people I never hear from. So it's down to about 35.

Heidi @ Trendy Dollar said...

I send about 75. I usually do a letter too, but the past two years I haven't gotten around to it. I have my card already done and plan on addressing them today!

Jenny said...

I usually do about 60 cards, and I usually send them the week of Christmas!

Unknown said...

I send out about 40, I usually send them the week before Christmas.

~Christine

www.arewethereyetmom.com

Donetta said...

Before children I had a list of over 300 on my address list. Now I will see what I can get done. Maybe 75 or so depending on the time I get. I need to type our Christmas letter. It has become far to expensive to do as well. I have to pick and choose. Thats hard to do.

Steph said...

Wow! I only do about 40. I don't send to people in the same town as me or that I see all the time.

Deb said...

I think my list is at about 75 or so. Normally I try to send them out around the beginning of December, but we didn't get our pictures done until yesterday and won't get them back until the 13th, so hopefully cards can go out on the 14th.

Anonymous said...

It's usually about 125 but this year it's close to 200! I try to start sending them out on the 1st of December.

Kailani
An Island Life

Stacey said...

the last 2 years we have ordered 125 and have a couple left over! i use shutterfly and love it! my goal is to get them out this week!

Ginny said...

I don't have many, I think at my most it was around 20 - 25. This year will be about 5 if I even bother, lol. BTW, I tagged you, head over to my blog for details, hope you play :)

Becky said...

I make about 150 and use most of them. I try to get them out during the first full week of December. It's one of my favorite things to do! I wouldn't do it otherwise :) lol

Cathi said...

My Christmas card list has 176 names on it. This includes family and friends. I have the cards ready to mail however I still need to finish the newsletter. I plan on mailing them tomorrow and Monday.

Rhonda said...

Ahhh, I must send out 150. We had to send out 425 wedding invites and I am not so sure we will do the Christmas card... maybe a Happy New Year 2008!

I usually end up getting them out by the 2nd week in December.

Well, I also thought I would let you know that I "tagged" you.

Play if you have time and wish to play.

Becky said...

Hi! Just thought I would let you know that I posted a RAK today. happy Monday!

Ann(ie) said...

I send about 40 and I'm hoping to mail them next week!