Monday, November 27, 2006

Its beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas!!

I can't believe its been over a week since I posted. After the Alabama/ Auburn game I was bummed that Alabama Lost. Then Thanksgiving was right around the corner and my house was a mess, laundry piling up...Ok I wont go on and on so needless to say I was kind of busy.

We stayed here in Missouri since it would have taken almost a 14 hours to drive my parents in Gulf Shores, AL. Some friends of ours that just moved here were staying here so they invited us over to their house. It was so nice to be with friends on Thanksgiving. It was also nice not to have to wake up at the crack of dawn and cook an entire meal for just six people.


We have been slowly decorating our house. We will be going to Kansas next Saturday to cut down our tree. We did this last year and it was so much fun. This is our second Christmas in Missouri and we did not hang up Christmas lights last year. So last night I decided to unbox all of our lights that had not been openend in two years!!! I think thats the best time to put up your lights...at night. That way you can see what they are going to look like. I also attempted to hang the icicle lights around our garage. With DH (To those of you who don't know who DH is you can plug in the following.. Dear Husband, Darling Husband or Dang Husband :-) ) holding the ladder I climbed up and got most of them up. The one problem that we encountered was the very tall peak of our garage. The ladder was up as high as it would go and I was standing on the last rung that I was allowed to climb on. I still could not reach the top. So we contined down the other side leaving enough hanging until we find a taller ladder. So right now we look kind of goofy but hopefully that will get fixed!! I will post pictures of the outside when completely finished.

On another note.... I got my first order from a Blogger!! I was so excited to hear from her. Since I started blogging I have been busy with orders from previous customers and friends and neighbors but this was my first order from someone I did not know. She had seen my J Design Blog and needed a gift. So thank you very much!!!

I wanted to post pictures of our decorations in the house but Blogger is not working at the moment!! Arghhhh

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a nice Thanksgiving--we have been decorating some for Christmas,too. It is so fun seeing our little ones oooh and aaah over all the pretty lights and things!

Kim

Domestic Goddess said...

Have fun with your decorating.
My girls decorated while hubby and I were out shopping.

Check out my blog. You have been tagged.

Reformed Grits said...

Congratulations! That's so exciting for you!
My DH is out getting the tree right now with the kids. Let's just say I'm praying for "comfort and joy" for them all. He wasn't thrilled about it. He likes Thanksgiving a lot better than Christmas! :-D
I'll have to take pics of our decorations too. Good idea! As you can imagine, most of our decorations are INSIDE where I can do and reach! DH won't risk his life on a ladder 3 stories up to hang a wreath! LOL

Lala's world said...

I want to put lights up too but my DH works out of town so.....it would be me up on the ladder and in the -20+ weather we have been having.....needless to say it is not done yet!

Anonymous said...

And your first order from a blogger is *gorgeous* I might add. So adorable. I now have neice and nephew birthday present ideas for a whole year, yippee!

And thank you SOOO much for the notecards, too. I love 'em. It eases the sting from not winning the contest. *grin*

Thanks again for squeezing it in - you really went above and beyond.

Everyone, buy towels!