Thursday, October 07, 2010

Bookplates

  1. I was enjoying my morning of not subbing and looking through my Blogs that I love to read. Just Something I Made by Cathe Holden is one of my favorites! She always has tons of free PDF graphic files of cute things. This morning was no different.


She had found an old German Reader and scanned in some of the artwork. She came up with cute vintage animal bookplates. I am currently putting a birthday package together for an avid reader and thought this would be perfect to add to it.
I have so many crafting supplies that I didn't have to buy a thing.
Supplies needed to make it look like mine:
full sheet of sticky label
I just printed out her PDF file onto a full size sheet of sticker paper, then cut out all the book plates. She even has a cute wrapper that you can put around your finished product and a sticker to seal the deal. Since I printed the entire sheet on sticker paper I just peeled off the wrapper and stuck it to a blank piece of paper and then cut it out and wrapped it around all the labels.

I had recently bought two different sized of glassine bags to put my Etsy shop happies in. These labels fit perfectly in the bag. I folded the flap down and used one of her stickers that she included to seal it up. Of course I had to add some twine to pull it all together.
I hope you have someone you can make these for or just for yourself. Thanks Cathe for the great bookplates!!!

5 comments:

Heart of A Country Home said...

Neat! I like the way you used the labels. I'm sure you will make your aunt very happy! :)

Cathe Holden said...

Oh my gosh! The glassine bag, the twine sealed flap, thank you for sharing this!! You totally rocked my bookplate project!

Betzie said...

This turned out so so nice! Thanks for sharing Jennifer! I love the sticker idea!

Domestic Goddess said...

That is adorable.
I don't know if you remember me but we used to blog in the same circles a while ago. I just found your blog again and "followed" it this time!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer! I just followed your winning entry for the PW's baking weekend--you have such a cute blog!
My sister and I will be at that weekend as well--looking forward to meeting you. =)