Tuesday, March 20, 2007

I am back from a busy Trip to NYC!!!!


(Jen, Caroline, Me and Kim in Grand Central Station)


I had such a great time in NYC with all my girlfriends. I am not sure if we could have packed anything else into our trip. We could not have gone on a prettier weekend. The weather was sunny and not freezing like we had thought.

I got in Thursday night and finally got to meet Sean (Rebecca's fiance) We stayed up late visiting. Friday we walked to a nice Cafe in Brooklyn for Brunch. Can I just say it was so good!! Then we took the car to Westchester to see Rebecca's coffee shop Reunions in the train station. I tried a yummy Cappechino that I attempted to find again all weekend and never did. We then went back to Laguardia to pick up Kim who was flying in from Charlotte, NC. Then on the the next terminal to wait for Jen and Caroline. Their flight was delayed so Kim and I visited and sent postcards to the family. When we were finally all together we took the car service out to Larchmont and dumped are luggage and then hurried to the train station to head into the city. We arrived in Grand Central and can I say that it is so beautiful!! The ceiling has a beautiful painting of the the sky with the constellations...it is breathtaking. We then hopped on the subway and made our way to Serendipity for dinner and to try the world famous Frozen Hot Chocolate!!

Saturday started off back at Grand Central where we met Sean and Rebecca. They were our tour guides for most of the day. We walked up 5th Ave and saw all the shops and their wonderfully decorated windows. Then we went into Tiffany's Jewelry store!! I think every girl should go in there!! Have you seen Sweet Home Alabama where Patrick Dempsy proposes to Reese Witherspoon in Tiffany's!! Oh my Gosh it was just like that. All the associates standing behind the counters waiting to show you jewelry. Kim wanted to get a necklace there so after finding the perfect one the sales guy wrapped it in a pretty blue box and tied it with white satin ribbon and then put it in the blue Tiffany bag!! We all soo wanted one of those bags!!! So Rebecca asked the guy could she have three more and sure enough we all had our Tiffany blue bag. We took a picture of all of us holding our bags!!

Then it was off to Central Park to ride in the horse drawn carriage through the park. We finished with that and I stepped into the street to hail a cab. We had seen the people doing it the night before and had learned what to look for. So I was thrilled when one actually stopped!!! We had it take us to Tavern on the Green for lunch. If you have never been inside that is one place worth stopping at. The room we ate in had the most beautiful green chandelier hanging in the middle. The floral carpet and all the windows that looked out at Central Park. Just stunning!

I could go on and on about the rest of the day but I will save that for another post. Let me just say that later that day we went to Chinatown!!! It deserves a post all to itself!!

Here are some pictures of our adventures!!
(Rebecca and I on the front steps of her Brownstone in Brooklyn Heights)
(Rebecca, Sean and Me in Rockefeller Center)
( Jen, Me, Caroline and Kim with Matt and Meredith at Rockefeller Center)

3 comments:

Jill said...

It sounds like you had such a good time! I am glad you are back, and I cannot wait to hear about your trip to Chinatown.

Welcome back!

yerdoingitwrong said...

oh! What fun!! I'm sitting here green with envy. One of these days I'm going to put together a girly girl trip to NYC, too. I can't think of anything more enjoyable. AND isn't the frozen Hot Chocolate just the yummiest?????

Elle*Bee said...

Cute bag! I'm glad you had a great trip.